Position Title: Direct Support Professional
Basic Function as relates to the Provide Care Mission Statement: Provide the individual assistance required by each individual to participate fully in their community.
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily cares of individuals living in the homes; interacting with individuals, implementing program goals, and assisting individuals in the community as necessary.
1. Ensure the health, safety, comfort, and welfare of each individual in their care.
2. Assist individuals with their daily tasks, as necessary.
3. Assist in bathing, toileting, dressing, and other personal cares as needed.
4. Assist in proper lifting and transferring of individuals.
5. Provide training and assistance to individuals in daily living skills.
6. Pass medications.
7. Document in appropriate books.
8. Transport individuals as necessary.
9. Cleaning or assisting individuals in cleaning.
10. Prepare well balanced meals within the guidelines of each individual’s requirements or special diets.
11. Ensure individual’s laundry is clean, assist or wash as required with each individual.
12. Take individuals out into the community.
13. Assist individuals in money management. Account for individual’s cash that is under Provide Care control.
14. Implement individual’s program plan.
15. Ensure the dignity and respect of each individual is maintained.
16. Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
17. Maintain confidentiality of all individual’s records.
18. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
19. Part time staff is required to pick up at least one extra shift per month if asked to do so.
1. Accountable to each individual.
2. House Manager and Designated Coordinator.
3. Program Director.
4. Accountable for money in their charge.
5. Accountable to document as required.
Principle Interactions (other staff, client families, county workers, etc.):
1. Interacts with site individuals.
2. Interacts with other staff.
3. Interacts with House Manager, Designated Coordinator and Program Director.
4. May interact with family members or Case Managers if House Manager is not available.
Knowledge, experience, educational requirements:
1. High school diploma/GED.
2. Prefer experience working with individuals with MR, DD, MI, TBI, or related experience.
3. Medication administration training.
5. CPR and First Aid training.
Authority Level: Support Staff
Reports To: House Manager for scheduling, site specific training, house issues. Report to Designated Coordinator or Program Director for employee actions.
1. Site staff.
2. May be a part of specific individual’s team.